Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mount Gordon Lyon


I joined the club. The "Alaskan Wild Women Hiking and Backpacking Group" to be exact. There are countless trails to explore in the Chugach- many right under your nose that you didn't know where there. I'm excited to have trail guides, and explore some new routes.

My first trip was this week. To Mount Gordon Lyon- a peak with a stunning 360 view of Anchorage & Eagle River. Who knew such spectacular views where just a few miles in from the Arctic Valley main parking lot?
Me at "the Summit" at Mount Gordon Lyon


Alaskan Wild Women taking in the view

Facing Eagle River


The Alaskan Mountain Range- I believe the furthest to the right is Mt. McKinley

Arctic Valley Ski Lift




Thank you Caitlin for sharing these pics. I'm going to shoot to meet up with this group at least once a month, which switches to skiing & snow shoeing in the winter.


XOXO

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment