Monday, November 4, 2013

These are a few of my favorite teas



Let's have a tea party. There's something therapeutic about boiling water in your tea kettle,  and pouring the boiling water over your favorite tea bag. Then the anticipation that builds while you wait for your tea to steep. I like to hoover over my mug and give myself a little mini tea facial. I drink about 2-3 cups of tea a day. Here's my list of what's been in my rotation lately, and why:



  1. Yogi Green Tea Pure Green I try to drink green tea at least once a day. This is my good go-to house green tea. Plain old, organic, green tea. There's a lot of green tea blend options out there, but I prefer to do my own blending. For example- a green tea bag and a peppermint tea bag. Or green tea and a lemon wedge with a dollop of honey. 


  1. Tazo Chai Full Leaf Tea This tea comes in a fancy tin box, and the tea leaves are in a silk bag. I've only seen these sold at Starbucks. This tea makes for a yummy afternoon pick-me-up. I blend with a couple tablespoons of milk, a pop of honey and a shake of cinnamon. The concentrate in a box stuff tastes good, but again- I'd rather create my own blend to ensure the quality of ingredients. 

  1. Yogi DeTox I started buying this tea for obvious reasons- to detox. But I come back for the flavor. It's a soft peppery tea with sweet undertones. The first ingredient is sarsaparilla root  which is used to fight kidney disease and digestive disorders. 

  1. Traditional Medicinals Organic Roasted Dandelion Root- The only ingredient in this tea is organic dandelion root, roasted. I added this tea to my rotation after my little bro Jimmy mentioned he makes his own tea out of dandelions. My dog pees on all of the dandelions in my back yard, so I will stick with the stuff from the store. The flavor sticks to your teeth- somewhat bitter and kind of a licorice-y. Dandelion is a fantastic detoxer and aids in your body's digestive system.

  1. Guayaki Yerba Mate This tea is packed full of antioxidants, and hales from sustainable rainforest's in South America. I first bought Yerba Mate to see what all the hype was about. It's a trendy tea right now, and it runs at about $7 a box. I figured $7 tea must be good. The flavor is pleasant- warm, cinnamon-y and vanilla undertones. Kind of reminds me of a more subtle chai. Yerba Mate is naturally caffeinated. I typically drink this in the early afternoon- when I normally have a craving for a second cup of joe. 

  1. Yogi Bedtime Is a happy way to end my day. Tea is a great addition to your bedtime ritual. Turn off the electronics and steep some tea. Savor the quietness of the night. I like this one because there's not too much chamomile. It's a nice blend with spearmint, lavender, cinnamon bark, St. John's Wort and more. 

Cheers!

XOXO
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment